The Organizing Committee of the Conference “Custom and International Investment Law” is pleased to invite to the Conference, which will hold six thematic panels, an expert roundtable and feature several keynote speakers (with invited experts and speakers, inter alia former judge of International Court of Justice and arbitrators). Scholars and practitioners interested in presenting during the Conference are encouraged to send their proposals.
Organizers: Universidad Externado de Colombia; TRICI-Law (University of Groningen);Universität Tübingen; American University Washington College of Law.
The Conference’s subject is “Custom and International Investment Law”. The connection between customary international law (CIL) and International Investment Law has never been more pronounced. Despite this, several areas and topics that highlight this inter-connection remain woefully under-analyzed and consistently overlooked. The present Conference aims at addressing this lacuna. Therefore, we invite submissions of proposals engaging with any aspect that falls under the purview of these thematic issues:
- Thematic Issue One: Importance and Evolution of CIL in International Investment Law
- Thematic Issue Two: Interpretation of CIL in International Investment Law
- Thematic Issue Three: State Responsibility and Wrongfulness in International Investment Law
- Thematic Issue Four: State Responsibility and Compensation
- Thematic Issue Five: CIL and Execution and Annulment Proceedings Before Domestic Courts
- Thematic Issue Six: TWAIL,CIL and International Investment Law
More information on the thematic issues can be found here.
Submission Guidelines and Timetable
To submit a proposal, please send an email to the following address (firstname.lastname@example.org), attaching an abstract of max. 800 words, together with a CV (no more than 2 pages) in a single document (.pdf format).
- 1 April 2020 – Closing date for the submission of abstracts and CV
- 20 April 2020 – Applicants will be informed of the results of the selection process
- 1 September 2020 – Closing date for the submission of a paper
- 23/24 September 2020 – Conference
- 1 November 2020 – Final date to submit an article/chapter for publication )to be confirmed with editors)
In selecting speakers, the Organizing Committee will consider the quality of the proposed papers. Each paper will be double-blind peer reviewed. Also, the speakers are requested to submit their paper before the Conference (deadline 1st September 2020). Submitting the papers on that date is a precondition in order to be considered for the prepared publication. Authors of papers, which will be selected for publications, will be given time (until 1st November) to prepare the final version of their article/chapter.
Should you have any questions regarding application or participation, please feel free to contact email@example.com.
More information: Custom and International Investment Law Conference CfP.